Tuesday, February 22, 2011

House-Hunting!

A slightly less-than-perky "howdy!' to all of you. Why not cheerful? Mr. Gnome and I went a-house hunting this weekend. On one of my morning online searches, I found a property not previously found in my search. It didn't have many pictures posted but it did state it is on almost 4 acres, has some pasture land, lots of goodie-oodie-oodies (such as an already built chicken coop) and some outbuildings that need fixing up. The price is only a little higher than we would like to spend. The kicker is that it is bank owned; meaning we have to buy it 100% as is. With our measly savings and FHA funding, the chances of us even being able to make an offer on this beauty come close to zilch. When we saw it yesterday, we were the only people on the property and it seemed awesome. Today we went with our real estate agent and there were a few other couples looking at it, too. (Major Bummer!) The interior needed a little work - but nothing that would deter us from purchasing the property. The agent, however, didn't seem quite as ecstatic as us for financing reasons. Here are just a few pictures of the home I can't have



Basement Entrance


Basement Fireplace



Living room - So much light!


Dining Room


Kitchen



One outside view of pasture



Shed - turned - coop

This house really seems perfect for us. We'd like a fixer-upper to give it *our* touch. We also have this apparently odd land requirement -- that we actually WANT it. Our agent keeps trying to push us onto smaller and smaller plots of land. I can't do it. I simply can not. I'm frustrated with FHA financing, I'm frustrated with our selection options, I'm frustrated with... all of it. just all of it.


Why is it so much to ask for? I don't want a mega-millions house with a heated granite floor and elaborate windows. I just want a nice home on a few acres to have some animals and gardens... and enough space to do my crafts. Why is that so hard??


*sigh*


I'm frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment